1 hr 15 mins
Bill Butler's Note:
"Turkey, mashed potatoes, cheese, a special sauce, and some little extras combine to make a tasty casserole for 'the day after.' Absolutely delicious way to use those tasty Thanksgiving leftovers."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely crushed herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 cup cooked diced turkey meat
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat. Blend in the flour. Slowly stir in evaporated milk and water, then season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Stir sauce over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 3In a separate saucepan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Blend in the dry stuffing mix. Place the turkey in the prepared baking dish. Pour the sauce over turkey, then sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Spread mashed potatoes over cheese. Top mashed potatoes with the stuffing mixture.
- 4Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 744.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: