Recipe by muffyn
i hate dry turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving. They're miserable things to gnaw on! I came up with this sandwich to make the using up of leftovers less dry!
- 2 slices wheat bread (or your favorite bread)
- 1 -2 slice leftover cooked turkey, from your Thanksgiving dinner
- 1⁄2 thinly sliced baking apple
- 1 -2 slice sandwich cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 -2 leaf lettuce
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter the 2 slices of bread.
- On the non buttered side of a slice of bread layer apples. My favorite are Winesap!
- On top of the apples, layer the turkey. If your family is turkey carving challenged like mine, feel free to use as many "turkey pieces" as your little heart desires!
- On top of the turkey, layer the cheese. I find that cheddar yields the most interesting taste, but American or provolone, even muenster will work just as well!
- Toast (do not sandwich yet) in a toaster oven or in the oven on a baking sheet for about 5 minutes at 300°F or until the cheese is melted and the bread is browned.
- Remove from the heat and spread apple butter on the un buttered side of the other slice of bread, and layer the lettuce on top of the melted cheese.
- Now you may sandwich the 2 halves and enjoy however you wish! :0).