Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Good anytime, the cranberries and pumpkin seeds in this dish will brighten up your Thanksgiving table. The sterols and zinc in the pumpkin seeds help your immune system for the cold winter ahead. The earthy sweetness of the kale is set off nicely by the nutty flavour of the quinoa. Use both red and white quinoa for a nice colour variation. Source: Chatelaine
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 8 cups kale, stems removed, cut into ribbons
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, juice-sweetened preferred
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seed butter or 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (reduce if preferred)
- Place quinoa and 1.5 cups of water into a medium pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat for five minutes, then fluff with a fork. Let cool.
- Place kale and 1 cup water in a large pot and steam for two minutes. Drain well.
- Place cooked quinoa into kale pot. Add seeds and berries. Mix well to combine.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a bowl and add to pot.
- Combine well. Serve warm immediately or chill and serve.
Not what we expected, doubt I'd make I again. Not much flavor and not sure how to improve the revipe