Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Goes great with that holiday pecan or apple pie, or even by itself it a real pleaser! Mixture needs to chill for 2 hours before being churned and then frozen.
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- Combine half and half, pie mix, honey and salt; heat in top of double boiler.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and yellow.
- Add a small amout of warm mixture to yolks.
- Combine yolks with milk mixture in top of double boiler.
- Heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Combine cream, walnuts, cinnamon and ginger with cooler mixture.
- Chill 2 hours and churn.