Goes great with that holiday pecan or apple pie, or even by itself it a real pleaser! Mixture needs to chill for 2 hours before being churned and then frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine half and half, pie mix, honey and salt; heat in top of double boiler.
- 2Beat egg yolks until thick and yellow.
- 3Add a small amout of warm mixture to yolks.
- 4Combine yolks with milk mixture in top of double boiler.
- 5Heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- 7Combine cream, walnuts, cinnamon and ginger with cooler mixture.
- 8Chill 2 hours and churn.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1982.3
- Calories from Fat 1290
- Total Fat 143.3 g
- Saturated Fat 77.0 g
- Cholesterol 793.2 mg
- Sodium 785.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 94.3 g
- Protein 23.9 g