Grandma Deb's Note:
This recipe is from the Phillipsburg, KS United Methodist Church cookbook from 1984. The original recipe was just called "Green Beans". My sisters and I have nicknamed them 1000 calorie green beans but I now call them Thanksgiving Green Beans since this is when I usually make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place green beans in a 9x9" baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 2Top with Swiss Cheese.
- 3In saucepan, melt 2 Tablespoons butter, add onion and cook until softened.
- 4Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Add sour cream, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 6Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes until thickened.
- 7Pour over Swiss cheese.
- 8Melt remaining 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine and combine with cornflake crumbs.
- 9Spread over sour cream sauce.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenehit for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbling around the sides.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 424.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 14.4 g