Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I just can't have Thanksgiving without green bean cassorole it is absolutely my favorite dish. This recipe is based on the classic Campbell's green bean casserole recipe. Instead of using the traditional condensed cream of mushroom soup, which is full of msg. I use organic cream of mushroom soup, it is not condensed so there is no need to add any milk.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups frozen cut green beans, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 3 quart casserole dish stir together soup, soy sauce, pepper, green beans, and half of the can of fried onions.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Top with remaining fried onions and bake for 5 minutes more.
I like this recipe because I can use organic valley brand cream of mushroom instead of campbell's soup. I like to make my green bean casserole with only organic ingredients.