- turkey giblets, and neck bone
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped (onions)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 cup turkey drippings
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the giblets, neck bone, broth, carrots, celery & shallots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- Strain and discard giblets, neckbone and vegetables; set cooking juices aside. In antoher large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in the drippings and bouillon until smooth. Gradually stir in the reserved cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with pepper.