Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Squash is an amazing comfort. The addition of cottage cheese adds moisture and a wonderful texture.
- 3 butternut squash, sliced in half with seeds removed
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 container cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Salt the squash and place butter inside.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove squash meat from the skin.
- Mix cottage cheese with the squash.
This is a really nice idea but the instructions are very vague - There is no size for the container of cottage cheese. After mixing the cottage cheese and squash (it is quite cold by then) do you reheat it? I cut the squadh in 3/4" cubes then put it in a casserole dish and heated it for 30 minutes broiling it the last 5 minutes. I also added a bit of nutmeg. I cut the recipe back to 1 butternut squash - . The end result was very good Eric.
The instructions for this recipe are unclear (how much cottage cheese?). Try boosting it up a bit with the use of some herbs and spices.