This recipe gives a 'wink and a nod' toward my favorite dinner Thanksgiving with turkey, stuffing, gravy and yes, even the green bean casserole. Add your own green beans,cranberry sauce and some mashed potatoes and you've got all the flavors of Thanksgiving on your plate in very little time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 6 slices bread (day old, divided)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons parsley (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (white or black)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Place ground turkey in a bowl.
- 2In a separate small bowl, take 3 slices of bread and soak in milk until soft, wring out some of the milk and pulverize over the ground turkey.
- 3Cut the other 3 slices of bread into a small cube (reserve to add last).
- 4Sauté the celery in olive oil, remove the celery from the oil and add to the turkey with the next 5 ingredients (leave oil in the pan to fry meatballs).
- 5Mix thoroughly (do not overmix).
- 6Fold in the cubed bread.
- 7Wet your hands and roll balls approximately the size of golf balls.
- 8Cook on med-low heat until nicely browned on all sides, transfer to plate to keep warm.
- 9For the sauce and to finish:.
- 10Turn heat up on pan to medium, add additional olive oil to pan. When hot, add mushrooms and shallots.
- 11Sauté until mushrooms begin to give up their liquids.
- 12Stir in cream of mushroom soup and water until incorporated.
- 13Return meatballs to sauce to heat through and/or finish cooking.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Dinner Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 150.9 mg
- Sodium 957.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 44.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup