Recipe by carmenclark
First seen in Maggie's Smashed Peas and Carrots blogspot (URL: http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2009/10/thanksgiving-dinner-in-crockpot.html). This is a tasty, easy substitute for a Thanksgiving-like meal without all the fuss. I prepared my own cream of chicken soup and stuffing from scratch rather than using the store-bought versions shown in the recipe. Turkey thighs work well here, too. The wonderful aroma of Thanksgiving will fill the house!
- 16 ounces chicken breasts or 16 ounces turkey thighs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (or homemade equivalent)
- 16 ounces seasoned stuffing mix, prepared
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Pour in the bag of frozen vegetables into the bottom of the crockpot.
- 2. Place your chicken breasts or turkey thighs on top of the vegetables.
- 3. Pour the cream of chicken soup over the chicken or turkey layer.
- 4. Prepare the stuffing according to package directions (or make your own using dried bread cubes, sauteed onion and celery, poultry season, salt, pepper, and chicken broth).
- 5. Spoon prepared stuffing on top of everything in the crockpot, being careful not to overfill the pot.
- 6. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Make sure your crockpot is large enough to hold everything including a generous amount of stuffing. The stuffing will shrink somewhat during cooking.