Recipe by Chef Dee
This has a sweet and mellow pumpking layer topped with a crunchy nutty topping. It is a welcome change from pumpkin pie.
Top Review by lemonyemilyo
It's a pumpkin dump cake! I used a cinnamon streusel quick bread mix instead of regular cake mix, and it is divine! You could also dot pieces of cut butter on the top instead of melting and trying to drizzle it evenly (mine pooled). I used 2 cups of homemade pumpkin pie filling (without any eggs or milk), then added in the eggs and can of condensed milk, spread the mix and streusel topping, and then half a cup of butter (which was enough but would have been alright with more). Nice!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (19 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (9x13 size)
- 1 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl,whisk the eggs.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie filling, condensed mik and spices.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle the DRY cake mix over the pumpking mixture.
- Carefully pour the melted butter over top.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes until set.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate.
- Serve with Cool Whip on the side.