Recipe by venus2
An old family favorite for Thanksgiving ham or turkey.
Top Review by Chef Katfairykats
My first ever attempt at 'real' cranberry sauce and it was delicious. I used fresh squeezed orange juice instead of the water. It is only me at home so I incorporated the leftovers instead of applesauce in oatmeal cookies...good stuff! Thanks for a great recipe :)
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups port wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring berries, sugar& wine to boil.
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until berries' skins pop.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and stir into cranberry mixture.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars; seal with lids.
- Serve warm sauce with pork or poultry.