Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
An old family favorite for Thanksgiving ham or turkey.
Make and share this Thanksgiving Cranberry Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Bring berries, sugar& wine to boil.
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until berries' skins pop.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and stir into cranberry mixture.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars; seal with lids.
- Serve warm sauce with pork or poultry.
My first ever attempt at 'real' cranberry sauce and it was delicious. I used fresh squeezed orange juice instead of the water. It is only me at home so I incorporated the leftovers instead of applesauce in oatmeal cookies...good stuff! Thanks for a great recipe :)
We had this with turkey and it complimented it perfectly. It is hard to get cranberries here and they are pretty expensive so I halved the recipe but it worked out perfectly. I think it would go really good with deer as well.
Thank you so much for this recipe. I follow the recipe as wriiten, this is even good with pork or lamb. Everyone loved it last Thanksgiving with the turkey. Thank you so much. I will never buy canned cranberry sauce again.