Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This Tangy Thanksgiving Chutney is a mixture of Rhubarb, red onions, apples, chestnuts, cranberries, dried cherries with brown sugar, balsamic and spices. Use as a condiment with meat or poultry. Spread inside a left over turkey sandwich. Served over warmed crumbled goat cheese or creamy brie on top of toasted bread, it makes an elegant holiday hors d'oeuvre for the holidays.
- 340.19 g frozen cranberries or 340.19 g fresh cranberries, 3 cups
- 2 medium gala apples, 8 ounces or 473.18 ml diced apples
- 453.59 g rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 198.44 g chestnuts (From the jar is easy)
- 170.09 g dried cherries (1 cup diced)
- 226.79 g red onions, thinly sliced (2cups sliced)
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml finely chopped crystallized ginger (2 ounces)
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme
- 7.39 ml salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large stainless steel pot add all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes stirring often then reduce heat to simmer.
- Let the chutney simmer – uncovered – for 1½-2 hours.
- Stirring frequently while cooking.
- Jar and chill or process in a water bath for longer shelf life.