Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This relish is a great compliment to Thanksgiving dinner and tastes great on leftover turkey sandwiches. My Mom and I have made it every year for as long as I can remember. This recipe makes enough for a large dinner party as well as few jars worth you can give away as gifts.
- 1 quart raw cranberries (soak overnight before making relish)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 orange (skin and all, but remove seeds)
- 1 large apple, cored and seeded
- 8 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- Grind cranberries, orange and apple slices in a food processor or blender. If using a blender, grind in smaller batches.
- Transfer mix to a large bowl and add 1 cup sugar. Refrigerate.
- Put orange and apple juices in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add 1 cup sugar and 1 package raspberry jello until liquified.
- Pour sugar mixture over blended fruit,mix and refrigerate overnight. Stir every hour for at least the first 4 hours.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
- Preparation time does not include 4 hours of setting time.