1/2 Photos of Thanksgiving Cranberry Fig Jam
1 hr 5 mins
Aah! The last of the figs from my garden. Thanksgiving is 1 month away so I added cranberries, ginger root, orange, and vanilla. Try it on your turkey or pork roast. Also great on scones or warmed over pancakes making a wonderful holiday breakfast.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Zest orange and rough chop meat discard pith, place it and all the ingredients except one cup of cranberries in a heavy bottom pot over low flame.
- 2Stir to release juices it will be thick. Stirring not to burn. Juices will come and when it does raise heat to high stirring most of the time. At this time remove the vanilla bean.
- 3Using the immersion blender to puree some of the fruit leaving some chucks. Then add the other cup of cranberries.
- 4When it hits a rolling boil for 15 minutes all the time stirring.
- 5Pour into sterile jars leaving 1/2 inch head space and process 10 minutes.
- 6turn flame off and remove lid. Time 5 more minutes. Remove jars holding upright. Cool in draft free spot overnight. Label and use with in 1 year if unopened. Opened store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thanksgiving Cranberry Fig Jam
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 68
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: