Recipe by Mary Ann Ando
This has become one of our favorite side dishes at Thanksgiving. My brother wants me to make a pie with this as the filling. I might give it a try one year.
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and diced granny smith apples (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white grape juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thick.
- (about 15 minutes) Stir occasionally.
- Cool completely.
- This can be made 1 or 2 days in advance or just bring it room temp and eat it while it is still warm.
- Either way it is very tasty.