Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Woman's World 11/10/08, this decorated cake is a centerpiece, using golden yellow food color, Tootsie Roll Midgees, Marzipan fruits, nonpareil-coated gummi raspberry candies, candy corn and Mellowcreme pumpkins, with a waffle ice cream corn to form the horn of plenty. The Tootsie Roll Midgees offer a dark contrast to show off the colors of the other candies, and are shaped a variety of ways: rope, braid, and leaves. Note: If the Tootsie Rolls are too firm to roll, place them on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on HIGH in 5-second intervals until pliable. Cooking time is for cake layers per your favorite recipe.
- 36 ounces white frosting (2 cans fluffy white frosting)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon golden yellow food coloring
- 2 baked 9 inch cake layers
- 28 Tootsie Roll midgees, from 12-ounce package of Tootsie Roll Midgees
- 1 pointed waffle cone
- fruit-shaped marzipan candy, for garnish
- nonpareil-coated raspberry gummy candies, for garnish
- candy corn, for garnish
- mellowcreme pumpkins, for garnish
- Tint frosting yellow with fool coloring.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting.
- Top with remaining layer; spread top and side with remaining frosting.
- For "cornucopia", using hands, roll 5 Tootsie Rolls into 5 (16-inch-long) ropes; wrap around ice cream cone, starting at pointed end. Roll 3 Tootsie Rolls into 3 (10-inch-long) ropes; braid together. Wrap braid around top edge of cone; place "cornucopia" on cake.
- Using rolling pin, roll out each remaining Tootsie Roll to 1/8-inch thickness; using 1 1/2-inch leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out "leaves.".
- Garnish cake and "cornucopia" with "leaves" and other candies.