Recipe by cowbells27
These have the flavors of Thanksgiving, and are so yummy. They can be made ahead, and cooked off as you need.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup orange flavored dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, egg, and salt until creamy.
- Slowly add flour and then add the cranberries, rind, and pecans.
- Split the dough in 1/2 and form into two bricks.
- Wrap in wax paper.
- Freeze overnight, up to a couple of days.
- Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 350, and cook for 12 - 15 minutes. Until the edges are light brown.