Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is so very good that one bite leads to 4 and 4 to 8. Dead easy too a few mins with the processor and 4 hrs of chill time, thats it!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can green olives
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped small
- In a food processor, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, blue cheese, onion, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Process until well blended. Add olives, and pulse into small chunks.
- Shape the mixture into a ball, and roll in the chopped pecans to coat. Wrap in plastic, and chill at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
This cheese ball is AWESOME!!! Made it last Thanksgiving and forgot to rate it. Came back to my saved recipes to make it again this year because it was such a big hit. It was completely GONE and everyone kept asking, "What's in this?" I do agree that it should be chilled BEFORE rolling it into the ball, otherwise it is very smooshy. I'll be taking this to Thanksgiving tomorrow and 2 other Christmas parties. Give it a try, it's DELICIOUS!!!
If I were to rate this personally I would give it 3 stars. I f I were to rate it by the reation of the folks i served it to i would give it 5. I didn't overly care for this cheese ball but others did to the extent of people hunting down the recipe. Here's what i didn't like: there should be instructions to chill for 4 hours BEFORE rolling into a ball as the mixture was impossible to roll. It was much too creamy to shape and the pecans just sunk in which ruined the presentation. Although the pecans were a festive touch i thought their flavor was overpowering for this and think that walnuts would be much beter. Also the cheese was very sharp. I think i should probably give it another shot.
Excellent! I made this for thanksgiving and Christmas.