Recipe by Chris from Kansas
Here's a new side dish for Thanksgiving. It is very good and pretty. It came from our local newspaper.
Top Review by Yum, Yum, Yum
Everyone loved this recipe for Thanksgiving! I loved the colorful vegetables/cranberry. Just the right amount of ingredient ratio and young and old all liked. Great change from my boring vegetable sides. I'll be using this one all year around, even if I cannot find cranberries! Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup cranberries
- 4 cups baby carrots
- 4 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and sort cranberries; place in large mixing bowl.
- Add carrots, apple, sugar, salt and cider and stir to blend well.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole with nonstick spray coating.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into casserole.
- Dot vegetables with butter.
- Bake, covered in preheated oven at 350 for 40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Stir midway through baking.