Recipe by Creamcheese5
My home made stuffing that we only use to stuff the Thanksginging Turkey. This recipe can be made 1 day before Thanksgiving Day.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 8 cups granny smith apples, diced and cored
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 1⁄2 cups cubed herb seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté sausage in heavy large skillet over medium heat until cooked through, crumbling the sausage with the back of the spoon (about 10 minutes).
- Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to large bowl.
- Add butter, onions and celery to skillet, sauté until onions are tender (about 15 minutes). Add apples and sauté until apples are tender but still hold there shape (about 10 minutes).
- Add sage, thyme and allspice; sauté for 1 minute. Add sausage. Stir in stuffing mix.
- Stuff turkey.