Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made up this recipe one day when I wanted to make something different with ground turkey. This is a favorite in my house!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons whipped butter
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 10 3⁄4 ounces 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces water (1 soup can)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 6 ounces cornbread stuffing mix
- 14 ounces fat free chicken broth
- Cook sweet potatoes on high in microwave for 15 minutes.
- Remove sweet potato from jackets and mash with butter. Set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown ground turkey.
- Add onions, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken soup and water to turkey. Mix thoroughly and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place turkey mixture in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spread mixed vegetables on top of turkey mixture.
- While turkey mixture is simmering, boil chicken broth and then add stuffing mix, cooking according to package directions.
- Place stuffing on top of vegetables.
- Place sweet potatoes on top of stuffing.
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.
P.S. I boiled the sweet potatoes after slicing them. It took about 25 minutes. I'm not a fan of microwave cooking.