Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Read all your wonderful crab cake recipes and they inspired me to make this - I liked it and my DH loved it, a Scottish take on an American favourite.
- 4 large crab claws (the meat from)
- 2 slices multigrain brown bread, crumbed
- 2 -3 scallions, finely slice (spring onions)
- 1 lime, zest of, grated
- fresh ground black pepper (good amount)
- 1⁄3 lime, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon thai green curry paste
- lime slice
- Mix all ingredients gently together and form into cakes of required size,.
- chill well for at least 1 hour (if in hurry put in freezer for 10 mins).
- Shallow fry in vegetable or corn oil until golden - don't worry if too soft to turn just baste with hot oil.
- Serve on bed of rocket leaves (dressed in lemon olive oil if liked but I think bitter salad leaves are important to offset richness) with small bowl of Thai sweet chile sauce - bon apetit.
I am giving this a 5 star based on the previous reviewers addition in using approximately 12 ounces for fresh crab meat, whether claw meat, lump, jumbo lump, I prefer to use Maryland Blue Crab, but I am lucky as I live in Maryland. I loved the use of lime zest, scallions, white bread, mayonnaise (Dukes) and the green curry paste. This was delicious, and a egg would be a good addition as well to keep the patties together. I let mine sit on waxed paper for approximately 3 hours. I sauteed' in some canola oil (1 tablespoon) with 1/2 tablespoon of butter added. Put on a saltine cracker and a nice coleslaw salad. Yummy! Great, great and I thank you lindseylcw! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* February 2009.
Hot Stuff tender and spicy. Alaskan king crab, Maryland Blue Crab, snow crab, rock crab, Dungeness crab which is is my favorite. But which do you mean? When you say 4 large crabs each are very different in size. The amount I used was 1 1/2 cups. Also had used a 1 roll of Bretzel Rolls (Bavarian Pretzel Sandwich Rolls) that was yummy making a nice filler. Love the curry and green onions along with the lime. Refrigeration is a must for these are super tender and will fall apart. I suggest using 1 egg to help bind the patties. I myself like them fall apart tender and appreciate the chunk of crab meat. I mix everything but the crab meat together then gentle tossed it in. I did serve over greens to start added a garlic hot sauce. But end up wrapping the in the lettuce like a wrap for ease of eating. And for FUN! Thanks!
A nice tasty crab cake enjoyed for lunch today! I used a can of crabmeat (not as good as fresh crab, I know!) and curry powder (all out of curry paste!) but, I am pleased to say the results were excellent! The cakes were delicious with the sweet Thai chile sauce on a bed of mesclun greens. Thank you.