Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Modified from 'Eat Well, Eat Raw' by Douglas McNish and found in a local publication. Very adaptable recipe!
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed (I replaced 1/4 cup of orange juice with freshly squeezed grapefruit juice)
- 6 strawberries, hulled and washed well
- 10 blueberries
- 4 blackberries
- 4 raspberries
- 1 banana, peeled (I used 1/2 large banana)
- 1 fresh dates (or 1 teaspoon date molasses aka dibs tamar) or 1 dried dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces (or 1 teaspoon date molasses aka dibs tamar)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender; blending at HIGH speed until smooth*.
- *In our KitchenAid blender the smoothie was blended 1 full minute.
I didn't have any blackberries so I doubled up on the raspberries but that's the only deviation I made to the recipe. I love the bit of sweetness imparted by the date. Delicious and very easy to adjust to the fruit you have on hand.