Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is the famous almond drink of Punjab, India. Its a great thirst quencher on a hot summer day.
- 150 g almonds
- 2 cups milk
- 10 peppercorns
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon rose essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch almonds.
- Put in a electric blender with half the water, sunflower seeds and peppercorns.
- Blend at high speed until finely ground.
- Strain through a clean muslin cloth into a jug.
- Return the ground mixture left in the cloth to the blender with the remaining water.
- Blend again and extract the liquid once more.
- Mix milk, almond extract and sugar.
- Add rose water/ essence to flavour.
- Stir well before serving.
- Serve with crushed ice and few small rose petals on top of the drink.