Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from St, Maarten, Netherlands Antilles. It has a wonderful spiciness to it. It's easy to make too. We made this for a BBQ and it was a huge hit. It has great flavor.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into pieces (3-4 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Thai peppers, seeded and minced (or a chili pepper)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked pepper
- Make a marinade in the food processor from all the above ingredients (except chicken). Rub marinade into chicken or place chicken into a container with lid and pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Roast chicken on the grill slowly over low heat. Bast the chicken with marinade to keep it from drying out.
This was really good. I used chicken breasts instead and it was delicious! Thanks.