Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from a cooking class my husband and I took in Thailand given by a wonderful chef who has owned restaurants both in the US and in Thailand. She was kind enough to give us her recipes to bring home the phenomenal tastes of Thailand with us. Feel free to add your own favorite vegetables (vary cooking times accordingly) to include straw mushrooms, bamboo shoots, etc. This is a relatively quick and super easy dish and if you like Thai food you are sure to love this recipe!
- 3 chicken breasts (cut into long slices approximately 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili paste (use more or less depending on heat desired)
- 1 cup eggplant (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sweet basil (chopped)
- 6 -8 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Combine coconut cream with green curry and red chili paste in wok and cook over medium heat stirring until coconut cream coconut cream begins to have an oily sheen.
- Add torn Kaffir lime leaves and chicken and cook until chicken just begins to cook.
- Use slotted spoon to remove chicken from pan and set aside on plate.
- Add coconut milk and eggplant to coconut cream/green curry mixture and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to coconut/curry mixture, add fish sauce, and sugar.
- When chicken is fully cooked add basil and remove from heat.