Dustin Brubaker's Note:
As a student, I can't really afford to visit Thai restaurants daily...otherwise I would. Yellow curry is one of my favorite Thai dishes. This is a recipe I've modified to my own taste and diet. Hope you enjoy it as much as my friends and I have!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons yellow curry paste, for medium-hot dish
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut in thick slices
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 2 cups carrots, cut in thick slices
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups white rice, steamed
- 1In a deep frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- 2Add curry paste and garlic and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- 3Slowly stir in coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- 4Reduce heat to simmer; add potatoes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Add ginger, onion, and peppers; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- 6Add carrots, mushrooms, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- 7When heated through, serve over individual plates of hot rice.
- 8Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Yellow Curry - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1006.3
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 740.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: