Recipe by Dustin Brubaker
As a student, I can't really afford to visit Thai restaurants daily...otherwise I would. Yellow curry is one of my favorite Thai dishes. This is a recipe I've modified to my own taste and diet. Hope you enjoy it as much as my friends and I have!
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons yellow curry paste, for medium-hot dish
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut in thick slices
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 2 cups carrots, cut in thick slices
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups white rice, steamed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add curry paste and garlic and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Reduce heat to simmer; add potatoes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add ginger, onion, and peppers; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- When heated through, serve over individual plates of hot rice.
- Garnish with cilantro.