Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this at BHG. I buy brocco-slaw (shredded broccoli) all the time. If you don't have it in your area, you could sub shredded cabbage. And I'm sure they would be great if you skipped the chicken and just did veggie. The sauce is great. THIS IS ONE OF OUR FAVS!!! Quick and easy.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 6 green tortillas or 6 red tortillas or 6 flour tortillas (8-10 inch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, strips for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups packaged shredded broccoli slaw mix
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- For peanut sauce, in a small saucepan combine sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, the 2 tablespoons cooking oil, and the garlic.
- Heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until heated and softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl combine garlic salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, tossing to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet heat the 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cook and stir seasoned chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add broccoli, onion, and ginger to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce.
- Top with chicken strips and vegetable mixture.
- Roll up each tortilla, securing with a wooden toothpick.
- Serve immediately with remaining sauce.
A family favorite for a long time now! First time rating it however, lol. =) My teenagers love this and ask me to make it often - they love the sauce too! I do like to use a bit of sesame oil (when I have it) in both the sauce and veggies cooking, just to give it a little extra asian zing, LOL. Sometimes I use leftover chicken, sometimes fresh just for the dish. I have also tried it with thin strips of pork and it's similar to MooShu, yum! Super fast and super easy with the broccoli slaw. Thanks for posting. =D
My family absolutely loves these. I use applesauce instead of oil in the sauce to help save calories. Wonderful recipe.
We thought these were good. Not mind blowing. It was so quick and easy to put together that we will likely make it again. thanks