Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Salad with pork, prawns and chicken and watermelon
Make and share this Thai Watermelon Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 250 g ground lean pork
- 200 g cooked prawns
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh coriander sprig
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tsp of peanut oil over a medium heat and gently fry the garlic. Add the pork and stir until it browns, then cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer the pork to a mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- Chop the prawns and add to the cooled pork with the chopped chicken and bean sprouts.
- In a small jug, whisk together the fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce, then pour over the pork mixture. Add half the fried shallots, the diced watermelon, fresh mint and coriander. Toss together and serve scattered with the remaining shallots.