Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty spring roll recipe. Tastes so much better freshly made at home! These may be fried, cooled and frozzen for up to 2 months. To reheat -oven to 180C and place frozen rolls on oven tray for 10 - 15 minutes.
- 10 rice paper (spring roll paper)
- 1⁄2 cup minced chicken (for vegetarian omit and increase vegetables)
- 1 cup soaked bean thread noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups cabbage, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cups carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (black fungus, soaked in hot water 15 minutes)
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander root, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon thai light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pound coriander root (if using), garlic and pepper together.
- Heat up wok, add a few drops of vegetable oil and add the prepared garlic paste. Stir until fragrant.
- Add minced chicken,bean thread noodle, cabbage, carrot, black fungus and mix. Season with light soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.
- Cook until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- One at a time, spray water over rice paper until it softens. Put the meat and vegetable filling in the middle and wrap the rice paper closed. Use egg white to seal the rice paper.
- Heat up oil in pan medium heat, when oil is hot, deep fry the spring roll till golden brown.