Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use any number of vegetables in this recipe; I like some combination of water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, green onions, snow peas, sprouts, onion, green pepper, mushrooms - you get the idea.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons roasted red chili paste
- 2 ounces peanut satay sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 12 ounces chopped assorted fresh vegetables
- Heat the oil and saute garlic.
- Add chili paste and/or satay sauce, brown sugar, and fish sauce; stirfry and cook 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables and stir with sauce.
The sauce seemed a little strong.
This was a nice change! I used Thai red curry paste, but only about a teaspoon, which was plenty spicy for me, and didn't have satay sauce, so I simply omitted it. I used a mix of olive oil & sesame oil... might use all sesame oil next time. There was not a lot of sauce, which at first seemed disappointing, but the flavours had really coated the vegetables, so it was actually really good. (I used bok choy, broccoli, celery and red pepper)... I had a handful of shrimp in the freezer, so I used those, as well. Served with basmati rice... a yummy meal with no caloric guilt!! It had some kick, and was delicious.