Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is nice for picnics, lunches, and as a part of a buffet.
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and peeled
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 -3 fresh Thai red chili pepper, chopped (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 medium green cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint (optional)
- Steam the squash until just tender (or use another method), allow to cool; set aside.
- Chop the roasted bell peppers and place them in a food processor or blender with the garlic, hot pepper flakes, chiles, soy sauce, balsamic, sugar, and lime juice.
- Pulse or process until mixture becomes pasty.
- Toss the squash with the green onions, cabbage, basil, cilantro, and mint; add the dressing and toss.
- Place servings on salad plates (or a platter), chilling until ready to eat.