Recipe by dicentra
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Glycemic Index Snacks. Serves 5 – serve with peanut sauce
- 3 1⁄2 ounces thin dried rice noodles
- 10 large red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 1 medium granny smith apple, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit 5-8 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold water. Spread on a kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Divide noodles into 2 long logs and cut to total 10 equal portions.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on work surface. Mound 1 portion of noodles on top followed by 1/10 of cucumber, carrot and apple. Top with about 3 mint leaves and 4 cilantro leaves.
- Fold lettuce leaves over filling and secure with toothpicks.