Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple curry dish that's very quick to make and tastes great. Use Asian eggplants, the long thin ones, as they are sweeter and the skin is thinner than the regular eggplants.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (25ml)
- 2 cups onions, chopped (500ml)
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, chopped (25ml)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped (25ml)
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (10ml)
- 2 cups Japanese eggplants, sliced 1/2 inch thick (500ml)
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick (500ml)
- 2 cups brown button mushrooms, sliced (500ml)
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock (500ml) or 1 cup fish stock (500ml)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (25ml)
- 2 tablespoons lime rind, grated (25ml)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (25ml)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (5ml)
- 1⁄4 cup coriander (50ml) or 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped (50ml)
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add onion and saute for 1 minute then add ginger and garlic, stir-fry another 30 seconds.
- Add curry paste and stir-fry 1 minute longer or until ingredients are combined.
- Add eggplant and zucchini and saute until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry a minute longer.
- Stir in coconut milk, stock, lime juice, rind, fish stock and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Stir in corrinder.