Recipe by Donna Matthews
My sister, who once lived in Thailand, got this recipe from a friend's Thai cookbook.
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey breast
- 3 green onions
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 head bibb lettuce (or Boston lettuce)
- sesame seeds, to taste
- cilantro, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast sesame seeds in a low oven until lightly browned and set aside in a custard cup.
- Finely chop cilantro and set aside in another custard cup.
- After rinsing and trimming green onions, coursely chop both whites and greens.
- Combine onions, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and cayenne into medium bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and dry lettuce leaves.
- Put ground turkey into a pot and cover with several inches of water.
- Bring to a boil, chopping turkey into crumbles as the water heats.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until turkey is done.
- Drain all water from turkey (I use a colander).
- Stir turkey into other ingredients in medium bowl and combine well.
- To serve: put cilantro, sesame seeds, meat mixture, and lettuce leaves on the table where each person can assemblehis/her "wrap".