Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy burgers dressed with pickles, lettuce, mint and peanuts! From the Food & Wine Annual Cookbook 2011, submitted by Grace Parisi
- 1 small shallot
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro
- 2 inch slice fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno
- 22.18 ml fish sauce
- 566.99 g ground turkey
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml sriracha sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls
- sweet and sour pickles, lettuce, mint leaves and chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeno. In a small food processor, chop the shallot, cilantro, ginger, jalapeno, and fish sauce.
- Put this mixture in a large bowl and add the turkey. Mix well and form into 4 patties, 3/4 inch thick.
- Brush both sides of the burgers with oil if desired. Grill over moderately high heat until golden and crusty and cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise and the Sriracha sauce. Split the rolls and spread the mayo on both halves. Serve the burgers in the rolls topped with pickles, lettuce, mint leaves and chopped peanuts.
Really delicious burger. Moist, full of flavor. If you have people in the family who can't eat spicy food, don't worry: the siracha-mayo mixture isn't too hot, and you can always omit the jalapeno (or use a deseeded one). I don't have a food processor, so I just minced everything. It still worked great. ZWT9