Recipe by loof
Spicy burgers dressed with pickles, lettuce, mint and peanuts! From the Food & Wine Annual Cookbook 2011, submitted by Grace Parisi
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 1⁄4 inches slice fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls
- sweet and sour pickles, lettuce, mint leaves and chopped peanuts, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeno. In a small food processor, chop the shallot, cilantro, ginger, jalapeno, and fish sauce.
- Put this mixture in a large bowl and add the turkey. Mix well and form into 4 patties, 3/4 inch thick.
- Brush both sides of the burgers with oil if desired. Grill over moderately high heat until golden and crusty and cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise and the Sriracha sauce. Split the rolls and spread the mayo on both halves. Serve the burgers in the rolls topped with pickles, lettuce, mint leaves and chopped peanuts.