Recipe by Elly in Canada
A delightful change from the usual tuna salad sandwich. Recipe source - Homemakers Magazine.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
The green curry paste tastes great with the tuna! I played it safe and only used 1 tsp. since mine is pretty strong, but will up it to 1 1/2 tsp. next time. I only used half an apple (which was still a lot of apple) and omitted the mayo all together. This only takes 5 minutes to make but I did chill it for over 30 minutes which always makes tuna salad taste better.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste, Thai-style
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir mayonnaise with sour cream, curry paste, celery, apple and parsley (if using) until evenly combined.
- Drain tuna and break apart using a fork.
- Add to mayonnaise mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a sandwich filling or as part of a salad plate.
- Can be made up to 24 hours ahead.
- TIP: Save calories by substituting low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream.
- I sometime use chopped coriander to replace the parsley.