Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Thai Cooking and More
- 8 lettuce leaves (use different kinds for color)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 3 ounces canned tuna or 1 chicken breast half, fully cooked and shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sliced cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup drained mandarin orange
- 1⁄3 cup red seedless grapes, halves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cashews or 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 fresh lime
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 serrano chilies, halved, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Arrange 1/2 of the lettuce on a platter.
- Break up the remaining lettuce into bite size pieces and place on top of the lettuce on the platter.
- Sprinkle cilantro and mint over lettuce.
- Arrange tuna or chicken, cucumber, oranges, grapes on top; cover and refrigerate while preparing the dressing.
- Peel 1/2 a lime with a vegetable peeler.
- Place peel in a blender or small food processor; add garlic. chilies, lime juice, fish or soy sauce and sugar; process until well blended and garlic and chilies are finely chopped.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Top with cashews or peanuts.