Recipe by robertseidel
I threw this together one day with things I had lying around the kitchen.
Top Review by grapefruit
yum! i made this last night. it was simple to make and i had all the ingredients except peanut butter. i crushed a couple of whole, dried red chillies so it turned out too spicy but everyone still chowed it down without complaint.thanks for the great recipe chef 473213
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (I used mixed colors, frozen)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup cilantro, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, heat a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Drain the oil from the tuna into the pan.
- Add crushed & chopped garlic cloves and hot pepper flakes to pan, to infuse flavors into the oil, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high, and add bell peppers. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl blend soy sauce, sesame oil, and peanut butter.
- Transfer cooked pasta noodles to the saucepan. Add the peanut butter sauce and toss to coat.
- Add the tuna, and toss, breaking up the tuna.
- Season with salt & pepper as desired.
- Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and cilantro leaves.