Prep 6 mins
Cook 4 mins
Based on a recipe from the January/February 2011 issue of WeightWatchers magazine. This is featured as a 10 minute dinner for one and can be easily adapted to more than 1 serving.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 6 ounces tuna steaks
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Mix together first 5 marinade ingredients in glass pie plate.
- Add the tuna steak and turn to coat.
- Cover pie plate with wax paper and microwave on High 1 ½ minutes.
- Sprinkle tuna with scallion.
- Cover and microwave 1 ½ minutes.
- Allow to stand 1 minute before serving.
This was very good. The marinade packs a good flavour punch and the recipe couldn't be easier to prepare. I'll be making this again. Thank you for posting.
Yum! Easy recipe for a busy Ash Wednesday! I got to marinate the fish for about an hour and I am glad I did. I actually added the juice of one blood orange and some fresh grated ginger to the marinade. I cooked two very small pieces and they were cooked at about medium after 2.5 minutes. The texture of the tuna isn't as buttery when cooked in the microwave, but it was wonderfully fast and easy to cleanup.