Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I recently had a coupon for some flavored tunas and created this to use one of them. It sounds a little crazy but I thought the combo was really good! If you don't want to use the Pillsbury crust, you could make your own or use another kind of pre-made crust, just adjust baking times and temperatures accordingly.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust (in a tube)
- 1 (5 ounce) can Thai chili flavored tuna, undrained
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced & seeds mostly removed (to reduce excess juice)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 -7 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F (or 400°F for dark or nonstick pan). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Unroll dough onto cookie sheet and spread to desired size and thickness.
- Brush crust with olive oil mixed with chili flavored oil from tuna.
- Spread tuna evenly over crust. Distribute tomatoes and sprinkle basil over all.
- Spread shredded cheese over top.
- Bake 13-17 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown.
This was wonderful! The Monterey Jack complimented the tuna, basil, and tomatoes perfectly. Instead of using Thai chili flavored tuna, I added 2 tsp of Thai chili garlic paste to water-packed tuna. That gave it quite a bite, and I will decrease the Thai chili a little bit next time! I used a homemade pizza crust (Recipe #195526) and baked at 450 for 15 minutes. Thanks for sharing this unique, delcious pizza! Made for Holiday tag.