Recipe by flower7
I recently had a coupon for some flavored tunas and created this to use one of them. It sounds a little crazy but I thought the combo was really good! If you don't want to use the Pillsbury crust, you could make your own or use another kind of pre-made crust, just adjust baking times and temperatures accordingly.
Top Review by Tracy S.
Tuna pizza is HUGE in Sicily (or WAS when I lived there 10 years ago, food trends and all) and for this recipe, I omitted the Thai chili-tuna, and went with tradition- adding red onions. As always, the better ingredients make the best result, but forgo the fresh tuna impulse you may have and instead, stop with jarred in oil.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust (in a tube)
- 1 (5 ounce) can Thai chili flavored tuna, undrained
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced & seeds mostly removed (to reduce excess juice)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 -7 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F (or 400°F for dark or nonstick pan). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Unroll dough onto cookie sheet and spread to desired size and thickness.
- Brush crust with olive oil mixed with chili flavored oil from tuna.
- Spread tuna evenly over crust. Distribute tomatoes and sprinkle basil over all.
- Spread shredded cheese over top.
- Bake 13-17 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown.