1/3 Photos of Thai Tuna and Pearl Onion Shish Kebabs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g bluefin tuna steaks (cut into 20 cubes)
- 20 frozen pearl onions, defrosted
- 118.29 ml coconut milk, lite unsweetened
- 1-2 Thai peppers, crushed
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 4.92 ml minced fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml minced lemongrass (I used Gourmet Gardens in a tube http ( or or www.gourmetgarden.com or us or index.php)
- 9.85 ml fish sauce or 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml minced basil or 14.79 ml minced cilantro
- 28.39 ml olive oil
- 1Mix all marinade ingredients except for the oil in a large ziplock bag. Add tuna cubes and pearl onions. Marinade for 60 minutes turning a couple times.
- 2Thread 5 tuna cube and 5 onions alternating on each soaked skewer.
- 3Pour the remaining marinade into a small pot and bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Brush olive oil over skewered tuna and onions.
- 5Preheat grill to medium and lightly wipe with an oiled rag.
- 6Grill for 5-7 minutes until golden, turning frequently.
- 7Serve over a bed of rice topped with the heated marinade.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Tuna and Pearl Onion Shish Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 317.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pearl onions