This is a bit different from the others sounds good and this has always been one of our favorite soups in Thailand. Fragrant, spicy and absolutely delicious Thai chicken soup. I've eaten a bit of Thai, and I think this comes very close. Add noodles if you like with the fresh coriander Posted for ZWT 2010 - Thanks Tea Jenny for the help while I can't get on the internet.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated fresh
- 4 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 chicken breast fillet, boneless and skinless cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 lb bok choy, shredded
- 3 cups water
- 240 ml coconut milk, one can
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons coriander, chopped fresh
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat peanut oil. Stir in garlic, ginger, lemongrass, red chilli, coriander and cumin and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and onion and cook, stirring, until chicken is white and onion is translucent, 5 minutes. Stir in pak choi and cook until it begins to wilt, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in water, coconut milk, fish sauce and coriander. Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and flavors are well blended, 30 minutes.