A delightful vegetarian dish spiced up with red curry paste! Adaped from Bon Appetit!
Make and share this Thai Tofu With Zucchini, Red Bell Pepper and Lime recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained patted dry, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (mix with yellow squash if desired)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled, minced
- 1 1⁄3 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh basil, divided
- Heat 1 tbls. of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over mdium high heat.
- Add the tofu and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Move the tofu to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tbls. oil, then add zucchini and red bell pepper to the skillet.
- Saute until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Return tofu to the skillet.
- Add ginger and stir about 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, 3 tbls. lime juice, soy sauce, and curry paste.
- Stir to dissolve curry paste, then simmer until the sauce thickens, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and more lime juice, if you like.
- Stir in half of the basil.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve. Enjoy!
- This is good served with steamed rice or noodles.
Aside from using different veggies and some leafy greens, I made this as written and it was fabulous. Very simple curry to prepare, with a real high note from all that lime juice. I added a full tsp of curry paste, as others mentioned it was on the mild side, and that was perfectly spiced for me. I used a whole tin of coconut milk, which is more than what is called for, but I like having the extra gravy. Thanks Sharon!
We doubled the vegetables and used lemon juice instead of lime, but otherwise followed as directed. It was OUTSTANDINGLY DELICIOUS!!!! You should cook this RIGHT NOW!!!! Even the kids loved it.
This was very tasty. We used 1-1.5 tsp of red curry paste, and we used fish sauce instead of soy sauce. I also fried the tofu in a combo of peanut oil and hot pepper oil. These changes made the dish spicy, but not 'hot.' Good, and you could up the flavor level a bit by adding lime juice after plating.