1/1 Photo of Thai Tofu With Zucchini, Red Bell Pepper and Lime
A delightful vegetarian dish spiced up with red curry paste! Adaped from Bon Appetit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained patted dry, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (mix with yellow squash if desired)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled, minced
- 1 1/3 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1Heat 1 tbls. of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over mdium high heat.
- 2Add the tofu and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 3Move the tofu to a bowl.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tbls. oil, then add zucchini and red bell pepper to the skillet.
- 5Saute until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 6Return tofu to the skillet.
- 7Add ginger and stir about 30 seconds.
- 8Add the coconut milk, 3 tbls. lime juice, soy sauce, and curry paste.
- 9Stir to dissolve curry paste, then simmer until the sauce thickens, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and more lime juice, if you like.
- 10Stir in half of the basil.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve. Enjoy!
- 12This is good served with steamed rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Tofu With Zucchini, Red Bell Pepper and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 408.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste