Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from a friend who adapted it from Vegetarian Planet cookbook. The rice is especially good the next day.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest, grated or 10 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice (or basmati or other long grain)
- 2⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (3 TBSP in sauce, remainder to fry tofu)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (such as sriracha, to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup scallion, chopped (white & green parts)
- If using lime leaves (dried), soak in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Bring coconut milk, 2 1/2 cups water, 1 tsp salt to a boil, then add rice.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Pan fry tofu until golden brown.
- Drain on papertowel & set aside.
- Chop lime leaves in small pieces.
- In a food processor or blender, combine lime rind/leaves, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, & peanuts.
- Run the machine in spurts.
- With the machine running, add the fish sauce & 3 TBSP oil, then the chili sauce.
- Transfer mixture to bowl.
- Put broccoli and 1/2 cup water in pan.
- Cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Add sauce, stir for 1 minute, then add tofu.
- Stir scallions into rice.
- Serve tofu curry over rice.
The lime added so, so much!! I added nothing (a first for me)and this turned out PERFECT just as the recipe described! Thanks!!